Gold on Gold is an optic intensifying, high sheen color-revitalizing treatment within a shampoo. Formulated specifically for use on dark multi-coloured coat dogs to restore the gold, brown and red color tones. Gives the appearance of depth and fullness.
Gold on Gold's deep penetrating action restores the pigment under the cuticle lens without the use of harsh or caustic chemicals due to its diminutive molecular structure.
Great for use on multi-coloured breeds and all coat types. A strand test is recommended.
See recommended use and custom colour blending below.
How does it work?
The molecular structure of Chris Christensen colour enhancing shampoos are so tiny that they can go under the cuticle lens to clean and deposit pigment without the use of harsh chemicals.
Colour dyes do not go under the cuticle lens, rather they lay on top of the lens therefore dulling the coat in appearance and can rub off on clothing and hands.
With Gold on Gold, we are depositing the same color spectrum as the breeds natural color and there are many different gold color pigments. You don't have to be as careful with multi colored breeds with Gold On Gold. When you have a breed such as a Golden Retriever use Gold On Gold all over the coat, it will not make the lighter colored furnishing look artificial, but will blend with beautiful shades. For a tri-colored Canine, use Gold on Gold in combination White on White.
- Extraordinary cleansing ability and color deposit system in one application
- Colour pigment deposit system penetrates the top layer of the hair surface to the cortex without the use of harsh chemicals
- Neutralizes unwanted stains that cleansing alone does not remove
- Does not stain the outer layer of the hair surface allowing passage of light through the translucent hair surface to amplify gloss and colours
- A semi permanent colour that will not rub off on hands, clothing or even a white towel
- Lasts up to 4 weeks.
- Acid balanced to close and tighten the hair cuticle lens, amplifying color tones and gloss.
For golden coloured canines with white, wet down the canine and go in with White on White in the white areas and suds those areas up first, then proceed to apply Gold on Gold to the golden areas. If there is an overlap of the Gold on Gold into the white areas do not be concerned since you already have these areas suds up with White on White. This method of application works with all Chris Christensen Systems color treatments.
Custom Blending Colors:
- Mix 1 part Black on Black, 1 part Red on Red, 1 part Gold on Gold.
Deep Mahogany Shades
- Mix 2 parts Black on Black, 1 part Red on Red, 1 part Gold on Gold.
Gold Mahogany Shades
- Mix 2 parts Black on Black, 2 parts Red on Red, 1 part Gold on Gold.