The Chris Christensen 9.5" Competition Comb™(#509) is designed by professionals for professional Salon Groomers, Competition Groomers, Dog Show Enthusiasts and even At-Home Groomers aiming for greater consistency in their grooms.
For an industry first, this comb is equipped with measurement lines on both sides of the spine, both centimeter and inch measurements. This feature allows any groomer the ability to check their work with ease for consistency in cut length throughout the body and legs, and to ensure conformity to breed standard cuts.
Perfect for any coat type requiring scissor work; as well as other breeds including wire coats, drop coats, double coats, and setter/spaniels. Each comb comes packed in a high-quality protective case to protect your comb for storage and during transport.
Spine Length: 9.5”
Teeth Length: 1 3/8”
- Perfect for any groomer aiming for greater consistency in their work
- Measurement lines on spine sides (CM and IN)
- High-quality alloy aluminum spine
- Stainless steel, medium/fine coarse teeth built to withstand the toughest environments
Ideal to use with:
- Use with Bottoms Up Coat Lifter or Thick N Thicker aerosol to aid in lifting the coat during scissoring work.
- Use with Flex for Sure, Hold for Sure and Superhold finishing sprays when styling your groom
- Use with Mark slicker brushes for line combing after you brush
For Scissor Coat Breeds
On scissored coat types, measure to check that the legs, feet, ears and body coat is the desired length while scissoring. Adjust length with ease and precision if needed.
For Drop Coat Breeds
On drop coated breeds, check that length of beard, skirt and ears are exactly even.
For Wire Coat Breeds
When grooming wire coat types, check jacket length while stripping. Make legs and brows symmetrical during your finishing work.
For Double-Coated Breeds
Use this comb on double coated breeds, use to check the depth of coat while raking and trimming.
For Setter/Spaniel Coat Breeds
For Setter/Spaniel coat types, these combs are extremely valuable to check length of furnishings while grooming.