Black on Black is an optic intensifying, high sheen color-revitalizing treatment within a shampoo. Formulated specifically for use on black coated dogs, it restores the intense black color and lustre of coats.
Black on Black's deep penetrating action restores the black pigment under the cuticle lens without the use of harsh or caustic chemicals due to its diminutive molecular structure.
Great for use on all black coloured coat types.
See recommended use below.
How does it work?
The molecular structure of Chris Christensen colour enhancing shampoos are so tiny that they can go under the cuticle lens to clean and deposit pigment without the use of harsh chemicals.
The reddish overtone that appears on a black coated canine is due to the red pigment that is under the cuticle of the hair shaft. When the outer lens is bleached out by the sun, other elements or product, then the red pigment is exposed.
Colour dyes do not go under the cuticle lens, rather they lay on top of the lens therefore dulling the coat in appearance and can rub off on clothing and hands.
Black on Black neutralizes the red through a combination of green pigments. By depositing the green pigments under the lens we are restoring the beautiful black coat leaving a beautiful sheen, reflecting and intensifying the colour.
- Extraordinary cleansing ability and color deposit system in one application
- Colour pigment deposit system penetrates the top layer of the hair surface to the cortex without the use of harsh chemicals
- Neutralizes unwanted stains that cleansing alone does not remove
- Does not stain the outer layer of the hair surface allowing passage of light through the translucent hair surface to amplify gloss and colours
- A semi permanent colour that will not rub off on hands, clothing or even a white towel
- Lasts up to 4 weeks
- Acid balanced to close and tighten the hair cuticle lens, amplifying color tones and gloss
Black on Black is for use on black canine coats to deep multi-coloured breeds such as mahoganies to dark brindles and dark chocolates
- Will not discolor mahogany and dark tan markings
- If using on a tri-colored coat apply White on White in the white areas first then go in with Black on Black in the black areas
- If you accidentally spill Black on Black into the white areas do not be concerned since you already have the white areas suds up with White on White
Custom Blending Colors:
- Mix 1 part Black on Black, 1 part Red on Red, 1 part Gold on Gold.
Deep Mahogany Shades
- Mix 2 parts Black on Black, 1 part Red on Red, 1 part Gold on Gold.
Gold Mahogany Shades
- Mix 2 parts Black on Black, 2 parts Red on Red, 1 part Gold on Gold.